Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
chigy

One of the most ipvoted Ideas, but spotify keeps ignoriong it. 

Others can do it, so come spotify "do it, now"!

jmpwelsh

You're losing subscribers day by day to this Spotify, please fix it and keep the good (10+ years) of memorise in the form of spotify playlists that I've got going! You've got till the end of the year for me!

hesselbom

In my opinion, the feeling of using Spotify as a desktop or mobile app is far superior to Apple Music. But I'm moving more and more to a Apple Watch-only lifestyle, not bringing my phone everywhere. The only thing stopping me from going all out Spotify is this feature, being able to store offline playlists on my Watch. So for now I'm stuck with an inferior product, Apple Music. We all know the technology is there, as a lot of other apps does this, so there must be something political here. I long for the day this feature comes, can't wait! 🙂

k_dog_nor

I just upgraded from Apple Watch 3 GPS to Apple Watch 4 LTE and I thought for sure now I could listen to music on the go. Even if not storing it locally is possible, streaming music should surley be an option. 

I was wrong - still no spotify on the go 😞 Please please fix this..  

Please tell us when you might add off line capability.

I won't subscribe to apple music. can't use new watch for music cause doesn't work with spotify.

phone too heavy to carry around. PLEASE give some idea of when.

Nothing yet... ahahahahha 

Jembo

We need offline mode very much! Spotify please add it!

while Apple Music is developing its web browser service, Spotify is silent. Spotify if you don't want to lose customers, implement this feature!

Interim solution to lack of off-line spotify for apple watch: use an app which converts spotify playlist to pandora. close spotify account. open pandora account. after spotify add capability do the same thing in reverse.

Pandora is not available outside the States.