Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
PetrusB
Time to spam them via Twitter...##- Please type your reply above this line
-##
asdasdasdassdsa
Actually, they kinda responded - with the all "Apple is unfair" campaign some time in the spring. I'd put my bet on their reluctance being strategic - it might be a bargaining chip to get lower rates at Apple Store purchases commission.
aeharding

I don't understand - when will this be done? I'd like to go phone-free in my lifetime...

lindenw84

Any update on this with watchOS 6 coming out next week??

Troyhe98
Spotify has yet and is likely never going to respond to this thread...
MattMickey

Let's get them to respond on social. Go retweet:

https://twitter.com/mattmickeyseely/status/1172183199159480320?s=12

Just a little news. They read us, but they don’t replyJust a little news. They read us, but they don’t reply

dixieflatline

Thanks for insight. This news is a shame. I thought the thread was overlooked but ignoring the community and deleting posts at the same time helps makes difficult choices. 

A simple reply with “Apple Gimped us so we can’t and won’t help you” would have been better than this. 

lindenw84

I haven't dropped Spotify yet, but I did sign up for the 3 free months of Apple music.  So we'll see how that goes.  Have spent plenty of time (years) waiting for Spotify to respond to this issue.  Ignoring their customers seems to be the strategy.

another news? this: https://9to5mac.com/2019/09/12/spotifuggle-family-plan-location/

privacy, this unknown ....