Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
Dschidi

Almost looks like Apple intentionally allowed the release. It comes from the same publisher as before and for me shows that I had "purchased" it already. Seems unlikly that Apple wouldn't know what this app is about and unintentionally let it slip by.

Troyhe98

Ironic that Spotify remained silent for so long and then comments just before the iOS release that they won’t don’t plan on adding this feature anytime soon. Then Apollo is back in the App Store  then Spotify starts removing comments about Apollo. Sounds like a pretty shady and sleezy thing for Spotify to do. 

toenni13

@dschidi no, apple didnt remove that app in the First place. Spotify told the guy (coder of that app) to remove it. And now it’s back up for whatever reason. Apple (probably) had no part in this. 

Dschidi

Wonder on what grounds they could get it removed anyway. "API access using an unwanted tool by legitimate, paying customers"!?

Zambibambi1
The Apollo app is no longer available. Spotify pulled the plug on that one very quickly. Well done (cough cough) well done.

Is no longer available yet..

just for 1h. 

Who downloaded it? 

joe_main

Apollo working so good! I got it and hope many others did too.

I used to think Spotify was a really cool and user-focussed company, but their behaviour over this is absolutely disgraceful. I’ll keep my account for now due to having Apollo, but my opinion of Spotify is now rock bottom, and I’ll switch to another service once something better comes along, which it will.

I don't have the ipa file and I'm not Apollo's proprietor. I'm not the developer who put apollo online.

I only signaled that apollo was available.

I'm sorry

Do not send more mp sorry.

Rahoulb
Wonder on what grounds they could get it removed anyway. "API access using an unwanted tool by legitimate, paying customers"!?

Originally the developer said, on Twitter, that Spotify pulled him up for something like (I can't remember the exact words) "using the Spotify API on unauthorised hardware which was against the API licence terms".  

Troyhe98

Glad I was able to snag Apollo while it was on the App Store. This is exactly the functionality I was hoping Spotify would deliver. It is a shame they are unwilling to do so.