Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
kenethmmartin

Get this done guys, seriously.

guys maybe there's a way to keep getting Apollo.

soon (25-26 September) I will give you further information by replying to this topic.

Wait.

If it interests you, put it like this I understand and proceed with the guide (I don't know if it works but it seems to be fine)

6C76BBC0-57BD-462B-B8B8-E63F27BCA45A.jpeg

PapaJoe2
Franc2018, I’m definitely interested! TY.
Jdmboy2011

Sorry for being ignorant... but what can I do with the Apollo app.. I tried looking for info but I couldn't find any.. thanks 

stu517
Access Spotify from your watch without needing the phone nearby
Jdmboy2011

Thank you..

Hello guys. I bring you bad news. I tried them all but unfortunately the reverse engineering process does not work. encrypted backups, iTunes 11 to synchronize apps: nothing works. I can continue to download the app by going to the Apple store shopping history, even though the app is no longer available. unfortunately my iPhone is iOS 12.4.1 installed. the last solution (what works) is to find an iPhone with iOS 12.4 installed. if I find (I don't have it) an iPhone with iOS 12.4: 1. I log in to my ICloud account. 2. download the app from the purchase history. 3. JailBreak 4. I pull out the ipa so everyone can install it. If anyone has an iPhone with iOS 12.4 can send it to me, I will send it back to you. I cannot provide my account password. Please don't respond to this topic by doing so, if someone is willing to send me an iPhone, they can read. I hope to see a PM soon.

Ty48

Shameful response from Spotify 

techhead55

Extremely dissapointing that the spotify doesnt see this feature as a priority, will probably move to Apple Music because of it's lack of inclusion. 

Nathans1

Utterly disrespectful and ungrateful behavior by the recipient of my dollars. A single developer has pulled of this feat more than once and each time SPOTIFY has killed the app. Spotify blocks this and won't tell us why.

Just be honest with us...

Are you withholding because you're building a case against apple for non-competitive behavior? 

Are you playing the long game so you can sue apple?

Does your app suck and you don't want to release it?

Does your CEO hate the apple watch and he's blocking it because he's a jack@ss?

Did you lose another Project Manager and have to start over?

Just. Be. Honest.