Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
Lucho7

This is a long overdue feature.  I am using the trial version of Apple music now so I can stream music from my Apple watch.  This will last for only 3 months and I do not want to pay for two subscriptions, however I will cancel Spotify if this period elapses without an updated Spotify App.  I do not want to be carrying my phone every time I want to listen to music.  Have to stream via LTE.

I much prefer the Spotify App over Apple Music, but I need to have LTE streaming as a priority.

evolross

I bought my Apple Watch specifically because I assumed the Spotify app would allow offline listening how the iPhone app does. Big bummer that it’s almost 2020 and we dont have this feature. Switching over to Apple Music. SongShift to transfer playlists. Womp womp Spotify. And you wonder why...

link1986-1

Well I'm dumping Spotify since their statement is we are not going to implement this. It's a shame that this company has no interest in retaining supporters who have been loyal for a long time. Before going public. Fix this and I will come back maybe. 

DavidKalajdzic

Yeaaah need this ! Offline on Apple Watch will be really good too 🙂

RoddyK

come on Spotify, get ypur act together and give us premium members what we're asking for, others can do it.

so I dont see any reason for you not too

bhuu

tvOS version of spotify released few days ago. watchOS should now be a focus for the next platform in terms of the apple line up. I really hope they push an application out this year as I'd like to use spotify on my watch without the need to rely on my iPhone and have the option to listen offline. watchOS 6 supports standalone applications. Go ham spotify!

iridiumblack

The refusal to provide these features is a key reason I've left Spotify for Apple Music. 

Miserable response. Why do people even need to Vote for this as a feature? Isn't it Obvious that people who buy an Apple watch would want to stream Spotify to bluetooth headphones???? Why even release an app on the watch at all? Useless app on the watch as it stands now, and still the same status for the last year. 

pattyland

New idea: Just delete the negative comments?

Spotifyjust deleted hundred of comments, thanks!

Iheartwallst

Absolutely ridiculous that PANDORA has streaming and we don't. Whoever is in charge of the Apple Watch IOS team should be 100% shitcanned, all the existing bugs aside.