Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
Zunair101

Please do this ASAP 

megazebra

"Status Update 2019-09-18" 

This doesn't really qualify as a status update, there is no update in the message just a statement of how nothing has been done for too long (in corporate language of cause!).... I call BS on this one...

-dxlpuka_l8bu

About a month ago CarPlay started defaulting to Apple Music. When I start the car now, instead of picking up my Spotify playlist where I left off (like it had been doing for ~1 year...), it starts playing a rando song from Apple Music...it’s very frustrating and not configurable.

Is this some kind of isolated techno glitch, or could it be shots fired in an Apple Spotify war (the war that this thread is all about...)?  A mission to aggravate people into switching to Apple Music...  Has anyone else noticed this?

Speculation aside...Heres my advice:

Spotify - Recognize who the 800lb gorilla is.  Accept you will be doing most of the conceding in this deal. 
Apple - Concede on something. Make it work. Your customers really like Spotify. 

joe_main
I’m experiencing exactly the same thing, it’s extremely annoying and is making me resent Apple
Tobeuss

This about the lamest thing Spotify has ever pulled. Stop hiding. 

-dxlpuka_l8bu
If you’re implying that I’m in any way affiliated with Spotify, nothing could be further from the truth. I just really like Spotify and would like to see this resolved.

-Pleasetypeyourreplyabovethisline-
Get Outlook for iOS
Tobeuss

@-dxlpuka_l8bu  I don’t believe I replied to you, just on this thread.

Heads up Spotify. I'm canceling my family plan this month. I need my music on my Apple Watch LTE and I've given you over a year to make it happen. Since you haven't, I won't continue to give money to such an obstinate company. Grow up. Back to Apple Music it is.

Lucho7
I left a couple of weeks ago for the same reason. I just need to have this
feature so now I am paying Apple Music. It is a loss, but not as much as
the gain.
lcs

As much as I like Spotify, this is a dealbreaker for me. Until there is offline and streaming support for the Apple Watch, I'll be over at Apple Music.