Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
itsjk

Hello Apple Music, goodbye Spotify...

I can also say the quality of the audio sounds much better to me...

Does anyone knows a good app that is not that expensive to get my playlists copied?

Also: after some research there should be no brick wall from Apple, it is even ridiculously easy to port an iPhone app to watchOS... So just be honest, give us a roadmap or just tell us it is not going to happen... We are (or at least where) loyal customers (myself from the first week Spotify came available in The Netherlands).... 

@itsjk Check out Song Shift if you are on iOS.

Rahoulb

I’ve switched to Apple Music. 

But I saw this saying Pandora offer watch streaming as well now https://apple.news/A2HPH9RmnQX6NFBcmUsGGXQ

xoel

With WatchOS 6, using the Streaming API should be ridiculous easy, come on....

k_czka

No more $ for spotify. I'm not paying for arogancy!!!

neneonline

Pandora just released their standalone app for Apple Watch 

https://www.iclarified.com/74480/pandora-releases-new-standalone-app-for-apple-watch

dixieflatline

Disrupters are stepping in

RaffGonz

This is so sad that it’s not been implemented already. Is this an Apple limitation or just that Spotify haven’t developed it? I don’t want to move to Apple Music but may have to if this doesn’t gain any traction. 

krispy4

As someone mentioned earlier, Pandora is now rolling out support for streaming to the watch without the phone. With WatchOS 5, Pandora quickly got on the ball and rolled out support for offline downloads. And yet Spotify just sits backs and complains like a petulant child while their customers are the ones that suffer.

Is pandora a decent alternative? I have Apple Music but don't like it.

bambich56
Agree. Unfortunately Spotify is also my favorite 😞