Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
Vytazzz

Don't you all see? This thread is more then 5 years old. Nobody will ever consider do this. Just forget it. Maybe in watch os 10 when apple will create this for them for free

64_d-3ajid5qw

God it’s a stark reality but maybe your right. I’ve only been following this for 6 months and I’m almost ready to give up.

fedeözkan
Apple already created, it is called Apple Music.

dixieflatline

Ha. All good points. It is a matter of principle now. I t is a goal to get more than the small amount of responses with an official reason. I do not expect any action but how can this type of communication NOT look suspicious? One of the thousands of requests is probably correct. Even the last 10-20 or so probably hit close to home. Don’t give up your right to ask why and expect an answer. This type of corporate behavior might have top executives ordering a do not reply. 

Piter11

WatchOS 6 has now full support for streaming. Pandora has already released support for streaming and you can go running just with your watch leaving a phone behind. Spotify, why not simply release the feature and make 1M+ customers happy?

Given the poor support from spotify for various requested features eg: nice listening history, streaming, lyrics, I am really considering alternatives.

aaronlapat
Thanks for that! Didn’t realize Pandora will stream on Watch. I’ll give that a try.
krispy4

What Spotify needs to understand is that, unlike with TV streaming where there are multiple choices (Netflix, Disney, Hulu, etc. ) and the average consumer might be subscribed to several of them, when it comes to music streaming, the average consumer will only have one and that's a streaming platform that provides them with the features they want. 

If one platform chooses to deny users with key features, what will usually end up happening is that that rogue platform is absolutely dropped for another that will. To lose multiple paying customers for features that are readily available is wild to me. 

Well Spotify, I hope you know what you're doing. 

mjho9

I have been paying for Spotify for a number of years. It is sad to lose my playlists and I do love my discover weekly but it’s time to move on. Since getting an Apple Watch it no longer makes sense to stick with Spotify if I can’t listen to music on all my devices. Goodbye.

sesspool

Get this done now Spotify... i really dont want to swap to Apple Music but due to the lack of commitment on your behaf i’m considering it. Been an loyal customer for a long time, please dont give me a reason now to break that tradition.

Been using Apple Music for a month now and I flipping hate it. But I'm giving Apple $15/mo instead of Spotify because I can go running without my iPhone. Simple as that. Think about that Spotify... I'd rather pay for the torture of Apple Music than wait and hope for Watch support on Spotify. Put on your big boy pants and give us the feature we crave.