Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
jaimebilbo

Más de dos años de espera y sigue en “Not right now”? Nos tomáis el pelo?? Más de 7.500 votos y pasáis de todo? Que vergüenza. Me voy a Apple Music.

saintscar

As many have mentioned before: time to end my premium sub.

I don't see why i would continue paying for being treated like a second class customer, receiving less features than you offer on other platforms. Even on garmin watches you offer downloading at least. (By "even" i mean, that they are mostly used by dedicated sports people, who care quite less about having music while working out, than the average smartwatch user).

I expect at least EITHER streaming or offline availability.

Let's put it straight - this is just happening because of your beef with Apple and as a childish consequence, you don't put any priority on the platform. Which is insane, as you are hurting US, your paying customers and not Apple.

Well see, Pandora is now coming up with exactly that - time to get alarmed and do something about that.

cmos2000

Get you code together and offer streaming on the Apple Watch.  You complain about Apple not allowing things like this and be anticompetitive  and then when they do offer 3rd party api support you don’t utilize it. 

The only reason I subscribe to Apple Music is for streaming to my watch as I run everyday and don’t like to carry my phone with me. 

dschuett

Why do people have to beg for this? It's ridiculous. It's been a couple months since Watch OS 6 is available. You kind of beg people to switch to Apple Music. 

Ahombach

It’s absolutely ridiculous that this hasn’t been developed yet. 

Get your act together or consider me a churn. 

Markdgr

I have been paying for Apple Music for a year now.. I don’t understand what is going on. Why Spotify cannot make offline playback? I’m definitely not switching to Samsung because of Spotify. 

P.S used SongShift to transfer my playlist from Spotify to Apple Music 

ugahill

Wow - just discovered that Spotify's Apple watch app doesn't support cellular streaming?  That's ridiculous.  You really want to drive your younger population to Apple Music?  I have avoided AM for as long as I could, but since I invested in my watch so I don't have to drag my phone around on runs and hikes and can keep the phone safe in the car for basic errands, the lack of Spotify will force me into it.  Which will lead me to cancel my premium subscription here.  Thanks.

Sunny_FREE

Lack of this feature is stopping me from getting premium.

WorkoutGalaxyS6

When this is available I will re-sub to premium. Until then, it is Pandora or Apple Music...

npalumbo58

This needs to be revisited. Audible and Overcast have watch apps that send audio files much larger than songs to the watch. And Pandora lets you save songs to the watch, just like Apple music. This is not a novel feature to build, and the idea that spotify can be taken seriously as a music streaming service by anyone with an apple watch who regularly runs/jogs without it is absurd. I'm not going to pay for a streaming service without this feature when there are at least 2 out there that have it.