Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
jangrosser

Currently considering switching to apple music because of this feature. It is a joke that after two years, Spotify does not support offline playback on an apple watch.

krispy4

I'm not sure why people are still waiting. Sign up for a free trial with Apple Music and get started, what are you waiting for? This thread has been going on since 2016 and is 156 pages long filled with comments of people begging. Spotify isn't listening.

I've switched to Apple Music and I'm on a 4 month free trial. I still have my Spotify, since I paid for a year in advance and it runs out in December, the same month that my Apple Music free trial runs out. If, by then, Spotify has still made no changes, then I know where I'll be continuing my membership and it sure won't be with both.

I definitely prefer Spotify's platform, but that's exactly what it is, just a platform. If the platform isn't enabling me to do what I want, then that platform sucks relative to others, plain and simple. The fact that Spotify is choosing to suck is puzzling, to say the least.

FloridaRunner

Dear Spotify,

It has been a year since you replied to this post. time to make a new plan. 

chigy

I also got the feature to listen direct on the Apple Watch, as you can see in your screenshot. 

Offline playing is still not available 

Maybe there is hope

IMG_9094.jpg

EClemance

Update?????

Gregoire1970

With the advent of Apple One, ditching Spotify is almost becoming a no-brainer... I’d be really sad to leave. Love Spotify, but it’s going to be hard to justify keeping it.

dixieflatline

Yeah. Apple One is a direct attack. So do we have offline listening on the new watch or not? With the loss of Spotify on dJay Pro and now this. I am done unless Spotify answers within the next few days. Shame. Such a shame. I’ll take the quality and integration hit for the features I want. 

It’s good to see Spotify share price dropping. Signed with Apple Music as geeedy Spotify can keep all the non Apple customer.

70% is better than 0%
jjj3wright

With Apple’s newly announced bundle tiers where I can get 2TB of iCloud storage along with Apple TV+, games, Apple Music, and more, it’s going to become extremely difficult to convince me to stay with Spotify when they don’t even have a functioning Watch app...

RaffGonz

@jjj3wright Couldn’t agree more. I’m almost certain I’ll be switching. It’s turning into a no brainer. I don’t get why this whole thread is being ignored. We are crying out for a feature that seems quite basic.