Announcements

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as a lot of you have added your votes to this idea. 

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Spotify Newsroom blog for updates about any partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
Visitor

I also got the feature to listen direct on the Apple Watch, as you can see in your screenshot. 

Offline playing is still not available 

Maybe there is hope

IMG_9094.jpg

Update?????

With the advent of Apple One, ditching Spotify is almost becoming a no-brainer... I’d be really sad to leave. Love Spotify, but it’s going to be hard to justify keeping it.

Yeah. Apple One is a direct attack. So do we have offline listening on the new watch or not? With the loss of Spotify on dJay Pro and now this. I am done unless Spotify answers within the next few days. Shame. Such a shame. I’ll take the quality and integration hit for the features I want. 

It’s good to see Spotify share price dropping. Signed with Apple Music as geeedy Spotify can keep all the non Apple customer.

70% is better than 0%

With Apple’s newly announced bundle tiers where I can get 2TB of iCloud storage along with Apple TV+, games, Apple Music, and more, it’s going to become extremely difficult to convince me to stay with Spotify when they don’t even have a functioning Watch app...

Casual Listener

@jjj3wright Couldn’t agree more. I’m almost certain I’ll be switching. It’s turning into a no brainer. I don’t get why this whole thread is being ignored. We are crying out for a feature that seems quite basic. 

Instead of whining around and complaining about Apple One ( https://www.macrumors.com/2020/09/15/apple-one-unbundle-spotify-irreparable-harm/ ) you should implement this feature already. You are the ones pushing your costumers to Apple.

This is becoming a deal breaker (no cellular). Is there any updates on this? I am thinking of switching off Spotify if there is no plan for this feature.

Visitor

Aha, you “don’t have any further information to share at the moment”. Well it’s super obvious that you JUST DO NOT WANT to do this feature that would cost you not more than 4 or 5 employees yearly salaries for an audience of 100s of  millions. You are such an arrogant company just ignoring your paying customers,