Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
jjj3wright

So how does one get into the beta program?

typk

Apparently it is a server side switch, people in the beta or alpha don’t have it. 

EClemance

I did not sign onto the beta programme. I was just pleasantly surprised to see that it was there.

franky247
Yes, it works on my watch now as well, thank you Spotify! however I don't think that you can make anything offline available, or have you been able to?
saintscar

Even if it would be only streaming for now, that would be a good start. Considering Apple watches have the largest storage on the smartwatch market, it would be bit of a shame not to use it (assuming it is technically possible for 3rd party).

farshid3003

Whay I steel dont have it in my apple watch 5 with latest OS ?

sebapro_186

It is ridiculous that Spotify has yet to implement this (especially offline since the Watch has so much space available) while other services have done so (Pandora, many podcasts apps...). Once I receive my Apple Watch, I will be closing my account and switching to Apple Music.

I get that Spotify is likely fighting Apple's anticompetitive behavior, which I am all for, but depriving paying users of a basic feature to do so doesn't sit right with me. If you ever decide to get your service together, lmk and I'll join back because I truly love Spotify's service, but this is just absurd.

EClemance

Hi all, to confirm I have the best option and I tested it on a run. It works!!!

https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/09/17/spotify-now-testing-direct-apple-watch-streaming-for-sele...

danverbiest

Is it just streaming? Any way to download songs to the watch for offline?

jntfurstman

I still would love Offline Spotify Music on Apple Watch and Wifi Online Streaming from Spotify to Apple Watch because It can store up to 32gb of Storage with Apple Watch 6 and SE and is great for Walking. 

I also like to save up for an Apple Watch someday.