Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and are looking into it. Subscribe here if you don't see the stories or here if they cause your app to stop responding. We'll keep you updated in those threads.

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as a lot of you have added your votes to this idea. 

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Spotify Newsroom blog for updates about any partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
Yes, it works on my watch now as well, thank you Spotify! however I don't think that you can make anything offline available, or have you been able to?

Even if it would be only streaming for now, that would be a good start. Considering Apple watches have the largest storage on the smartwatch market, it would be bit of a shame not to use it (assuming it is technically possible for 3rd party).

Whay I steel dont have it in my apple watch 5 with latest OS ?

It is ridiculous that Spotify has yet to implement this (especially offline since the Watch has so much space available) while other services have done so (Pandora, many podcasts apps...). Once I receive my Apple Watch, I will be closing my account and switching to Apple Music.

I get that Spotify is likely fighting Apple's anticompetitive behavior, which I am all for, but depriving paying users of a basic feature to do so doesn't sit right with me. If you ever decide to get your service together, lmk and I'll join back because I truly love Spotify's service, but this is just absurd.

Hi all, to confirm I have the best option and I tested it on a run. It works!!!

https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/09/17/spotify-now-testing-direct-apple-watch-streaming-for-sele...

Is it just streaming? Any way to download songs to the watch for offline?

I still would love Offline Spotify Music on Apple Watch and Wifi Online Streaming from Spotify to Apple Watch because It can store up to 32gb of Storage with Apple Watch 6 and SE and is great for Walking. 

I also like to save up for an Apple Watch someday. 

This is a good start, but I hope they also implement offline downloads, which caters to the largest audience, and should be the easier feature of the two.

streaming mainly just caters to those with LTE and are paying for cellular.

My opinion. Why not announce anything on this thread? Technically it doesn’t actually solve the OP as not everyone has LTE on watch or have a contact such as corporate who forbids the use. 

It is sad though that the faithful on this thread thought someone was listening who could manage this communication. 

That being said, would you all have appreciated this news or perhaps being offered the opportunity to beta anyway. 

Maybe the posters are all the people with no beta logo. Did you all check? 😊

Streaming via LTE/4G is the more useful feature to start with, as the most common use case for this feature request is „i‘m doing sports with my cellular watch and want to leave my phone at home“. I think it is also the more complicated use case. 

And at least, there are some tests in the wild. good for me, because without streaming support over LTE/4G I won't continue our family membership.