Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
Tobeuss

You are either gifted with the beta, or you aren’t. I spent hours on chats and in emails with the escalation team on this subject and it is not possible to be added to this beta by request. You either are one of the lucky ones, or you wait...

JC1994

I realize that this may be a bit hard to do, but I'm literally switching from spotify to apple music because I can't play spotify songs on my apple watch without my phone.

I appreciate the platform and how great/fun it is for music discovery, but this is a deal-breaker for me and I'm sure for many others who got the cellular apple watch to not have to take their apple watch everywhere.

I hope yall can fix this soon as I literally went and looked for how to give feedback so that you could. 

- Jose

fatboyw

Oh. I want to be on this beta too. I have Spotify beta on iPhone and Watch via TestFlight but that doesn’t give me the streaming beta. Spotify - if you are reading, please let me test! 

Chnob

Hello, I just left Deezer because I know that this option is being tested with you.

Would it be possible to become a tester for this option?
I can't wait to use it 🙂
thank you in advance

Marciat
Does anyone know if Spotify reads this thread.
It seems very unlikely since they do not respond.
We are all waiting our time and energy hoping they care.

Dlant1987

Got access to the beta today - Thank you Spotify, I look forward to trying it out and hope to see it officially launched soon! 

fatboyw

Thank you Dlant1987 - I checked and got it too. This is great timing. My 6 month free Apple Music trial from my mobile provider will finish by January. This is perfect. Looks like certainly going to be widely available soon.

64_d-3ajid5qw

I know just got it too! This is awesome, been waiting for so long. So far it works okay, have yet to find any issue.

dixieflatline

Spotify is reading. Some threads were removed and there was a comment once upon a time. Anyway this is T-30 days for a few people I am sure today. 

Tobeuss

I’m excited that I can also now say that I’ve been gifted with the beta, but I am not sure why Spotify has chosen to be so opaque about the the features/process. This could have been handled so much more eloquently.