[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as a lot of you have added your votes to this idea. 

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Spotify Newsroom blog for updates about any partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
MandyDroid
Honestly I thought that watch is 5 did that.
PetrusB
Visitor
I know OS5 supports offline listening. I already use it with Apple Music
ParentalControl
Composer

We know you can do this spotify because Pandora already does it along with TuneIn Radio and the stock Apple Music. So let get on the Wagon already and do it. 

Also this whole apple and spotify war needs to stop.

Because we all know you do offline and streaming solo without a phone with Samsung wearables and Garmin watches is already in place.

Be Awesome Spotify!

Rather then a Spotapot.

janedoe4190

After trying out the Apple Radio function on my Apple Watch I'm going to add my two cents (or is it four cents now since I've already commented on this thread?) that I think Spotify should do offline listening over streaming. I'd be pretty happy with just a couple albums or playlists saved to my watch for working out. 

stu517
they have never replied to this thread so your thoughts are not
considered.
toenni13
Casual Listener
@MandyDroid wrote:

I keep seeing people complain about Spotify not being on the Waple watch for offline streaming. 

Like "my president" says leave if you don't like it. Seriously Spotify is so much more usable then Apple music. 

I also did try Apple music a few months back and I was not impressed. the content waS MEH. TYhe Apple service did not work on as many devices as my Spotify account. Tghe SPotify Family shar ei9s better then the Apple family share.

I ageree that Spotify does need to get offline music for the4 Appler Watch but I will not leave spotify foer this feature and cut off all the ghood SPotify offers to have onel ittle feature that Apple Music offers.

Well that's what everyone is doing, leaving. Good for you for not switching to Apple Music but if you have an Apple Watch and want to listen to music on Spotify without your phone, the Apple Watch is worthless. So what do you think people will switch more likely, the AW (that they already paid for) or the streaming service (which you can cancel in a matter of minutes; also no problem nowadays to transfer your playlists)? And this is not about whether or not Spotify is better than AM, it's about Spotifys willingness to lose customers that have Apple Watches by ignoring them. (Newsflash: They are ignoring you as well if you think Spotify "needs to get offline music for the Apple Watch". They don't care.)

eli90us

Please add offline listening to iwatch. This is totally ridiculous that it has not been added. We are at over 4,000 votes. Lets gooooooooooooooo!!!

(need it for mountain biking/hiking where there is no cell signal)

PapaJoe2
Visitor

Just a short comment.   Had enough of “no news” from Spotify.   Our fam has been on a premium subscription for 4 years.  But the non-streaming on our Apple Watches has become a dealbreaker, despite our fondness for Spotify.  

We just signed up for a 6-mos free promo thru Verizon for Apple Music.   Sadly, I have a feeling that at the end of the promo, we’ll be off Spotify for good.  

hervul

I was looking for an alternative for Spotify for my Apple Watch. To my surprise, non of the other biggest music streaming services provides cellular/ offline streaming functionalities. I’m talking about Deezer, Tidal, Google Play Music, Amazon, etc.

Pandora and Shazam are the only ones, which are not direct competition to Apple Music.

This makes me think the restriction might be related to Apple’s monopoly instead of Spotify’s “laziness”.

raj10477

Ich werde demnächst eine Apple Watch kaufen und möchte unterwegs damit Musik streamen können. Ich weiß dass dies leider nicht mit Spotify geht, daher habe ich mir bereits das probeabo von Apple Music geholt um es zu testen. Ich finde Spotify ist bei weitem besser! Aber wenn Spotify nicht bald die Streaming Funktion auf die Apple Watch bringt, dann werde ich wohl zu Apple Music wechseln (müssen).