[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as a lot of you have added your votes to this idea. 

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Spotify Newsroom blog for updates about any partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
Francesco23
Visitor

Anyone knows any news? 

It is possibile with new API of WatchOS 6. 

Some articles: 

https://crunchybagel.com/audio-streaming-in-watchos-6/

-https://9to5mac.com/2019/06/09/watchos-6-spotify/

nldw
Visitor

After a year of waiting, still nothing.

This is not fair to all  premium user.

Franc2018
Casual Listener

In fact I’ll leave Spotify for Apple Music. Thats enough

Francesco23
Visitor

now that alexa Italy supports apple music, I have no more excuses. I will wait for IOS 13 in September and then, I will change the streaming service if Spotify has no news.

One of the key reasons I subscribe to Spotify is for out of home/car streaming (mowing lawn, cycling, walking, etc.).  And I have an Apple watch LTE so that I *DON'T* have to carry bulky phone around on my body.  wth that phone is needed in order to stream to blutooth headphones?   DO BETTER. FIX THIS.

markm8
Regular

Please spotify - do something about this! Remove this reason to leave you after ~12 years of great times. Who wants to carry a phone when running just to listen to music when a watch could do it just as well :(

Kinower

Goodbye spotify, hello apple music.

Another disappointment of spotify

chigy
Visitor

One of the most ipvoted Ideas, but spotify keeps ignoriong it. 

Others can do it, so come spotify "do it, now"!

jmpwelsh
Visitor

You're losing subscribers day by day to this Spotify, please fix it and keep the good (10+ years) of memorise in the form of spotify playlists that I've got going! You've got till the end of the year for me!

hesselbom
Visitor

In my opinion, the feeling of using Spotify as a desktop or mobile app is far superior to Apple Music. But I'm moving more and more to a Apple Watch-only lifestyle, not bringing my phone everywhere. The only thing stopping me from going all out Spotify is this feature, being able to store offline playlists on my Watch. So for now I'm stuck with an inferior product, Apple Music. We all know the technology is there, as a lot of other apps does this, so there must be something political here. I long for the day this feature comes, can't wait! :)