[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as a lot of you have added your votes to this idea. 

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Spotify Newsroom blog for updates about any partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
lindenw84

Any update on this with watchOS 6 coming out next week??

Troyhe98
Regular
Spotify has yet and is likely never going to respond to this thread...
MattMickey

Let's get them to respond on social. Go retweet:

https://twitter.com/mattmickeyseely/status/1172183199159480320?s=12

user-removed
Not applicable

2116D3FF-E760-45D0-A9B8-86EAE1D4DAE6.pngJust a little news. They read us, but they don’t reply

dixieflatline

Thanks for insight. This news is a shame. I thought the thread was overlooked but ignoring the community and deleting posts at the same time helps makes difficult choices. 

A simple reply with “Apple Gimped us so we can’t and won’t help you” would have been better than this. 

lindenw84

I haven't dropped Spotify yet, but I did sign up for the 3 free months of Apple music.  So we'll see how that goes.  Have spent plenty of time (years) waiting for Spotify to respond to this issue.  Ignoring their customers seems to be the strategy.

user-removed
Not applicable

another news? this: https://9to5mac.com/2019/09/12/spotifuggle-family-plan-location/

privacy, this unknown ....

user-removed
Not applicable

F692F007-0F56-4182-AE59-17D938CE33E1.jpegjust another small suggestion

https://www.timetoplayfair.com/timeline/

Rahoulb
Regular

Spotify is being slightly disingenious here.  

Audible and Overcast can sync audio for offline playback.  There was an app called Apollo - released back in November by a single developer working on their own - that did Spotify streaming to the watch - but Spotify shut it down with legal threats after a couple of days.  I still have a copy (although it's no longer available in the App Store) and I use it regularly; it has some bugs but it's not bad considering it's a version 1.0, written by one person with no support from Spotify or Apple. 

WatchOS 6 may make it easier, but it's been possible for over a year - as others have proved.  

toenni13
Casual Listener

Honestly, just don’t bother writing anything here. They won’t consider doing it let alone reading what you guys write. (Even if they do, they don’t give a rats a**) Instead, go to social media and tell them what you think publicly. That’ll be more of an impact than in this closed and rather small community.