[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as a lot of you have added your votes to this idea. 

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Spotify Newsroom blog for updates about any partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
Tom
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as a lot of you have added your votes to this idea. 

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Spotify Newsroom blog for updates about any partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

toralux

WatchOS 6 is to be released in a few days and this idea just changed status to "Not Right Now".

I guess this is the correct time to switch to Apple Music. #byebyespotifyseeyouapplemusic

toenni13
Casual Listener

That‘s a huge f*** you to almost 5000 people on here and a lot more people with apple watches who want to have Spotify. lol bye

joe_main

It’s quite clear now that Spotify’s partnership with Samsung is the real reason for the lack of a proper Apple Watch app. Quite hypocritical then for Spotify to be accusing Apple of underhand tactics which are bad for the consumer.

I have news for you though, Spotify: firstly, whatever money you think you may lose from Apple’s ‘extortionate’ App Store fees, it’s nothing compared to the damage this is doing to your reputation among the Apple user community, and the number of premium subscribers you are losing due to not releasing a decent Apple Wach app. Secondly, literally no one is going to switch to a Samsung watch over this, they are just going to switch to Apple Music, so whichever Spotify exec agreed to that clause in the contract needs firing.

EduardoMallmann

GOD!!! This is nowhere near a new "ingration with third party app" we're requesting! We have the app for the watch, it's just useless and really disapointing. Saying the template message that "We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance" is just a good example of how much you care about what the community wants.

We are asking for something that a SINGLE DEVELOPER did a while ago, so that must not be that hard. The worst part is that you guys TOOK IT DOWN and now refuse to support such feature.

AWESOME WORK, that really shows how much you care about your CUSTOMERS $$$$

THANK YOU!

AL615
Visitor

Seriously? That’s bold to update the status to “Not right now”

So Spotify *IS* listening, but thinks we won’t vote with our wallets. Okie dokie. Re-creating playlists in Apple Music. 

And Apple Music pays artists & songwriters fairly too...

asdasdasdassdsa

So you gave us an update that... there is no update? 

I've long given up on Spotify and am subscribed to Youtube Music (a lot of variety) and Apple Music (great family plan and cross-device support). Following this thread just as a textbook case for shady PR tactics (the hypocritical anti-Apple pseudo petition) and community disregard. 

Culture eats strategy for breakfast. And I'd now bet that Spotify will fail. Not because of not supporting Apple Watch, or the stupid petition. Because of the culture of disregard and machiavellianism. It will put a strain on all relationships, with the podcasters, with musicians, with record labels, with the team. 

labroste

Captura de ecrã 2019-09-18, às 21.35.04.pngahahah, you hypocritical bastards!

georgo
Casual Listener

Around 2023-24 Spotify will implement this for the Apple Watch.

Unfortunately by then Spotify will only have 1 Premium Subscriber left, and he/she will also switch to a different streaming service for good. 

Lupine
Visitor

At the moment there's two main things which push me towards either Spotify or Apple Music.

1. Streaming directly/offline playback on my Apple Watch.

2. A native Windows app

The first is the most important to me and would be an easy win for Spotify because I don't see a native Apple Music app coming to Windows any time soon.

But until Spotify stops being so hypocritical and finally takes advantage of WatchOS 6 (or at least announces it) you can call me an Apple Music user.