[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as a lot of you have added your votes to this idea. 

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Spotify Newsroom blog for updates about any partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Related Ideas

Comments
nokturnalist
Casual Listener

Would be interested to hear what the DRM licensing could be about, since they are already licensed for iPhones, iPads, and MacBooks.  If anything I would think the issue would be with Apple not allowing access to storage in the Watch OS.

toenni13
Regular

People... The ONLY reason why Spotify won't enable offline and streaming mode for the Apple Watch App is because they DON'T WANT TO. They could do it, Apple allows it and others have done it. But they don't. Because they don't care about their customers. That's it. And before you wait for them to do something, let me save you some time: They won't (as they said themselves). So just switch to Apple Music or something else if you want to stream or download music to your Apple Watch. 

Juliano01
Visitor

What bothers me most is, that noone from SPOTIFY seems to care. Why is no one replying. An answer like: Now we wont do it or please wait, we are on it would be sufficient.

PLESE COMMENT SPOTIFY!

Mediocretes_
Visitor

It’s pretty incredible to me that Spotify would not want to jump on the opportunity to address the streaming issue when watchOS 6 opened the floor to third party LTE streaming. At the very least add an offline play back option. 

I love Spotify and have had it for years but it is now defeating the purpose of my Apple Watch. I got the watch to listen to all my great playlist easily while I work out and that still isn’t an option. 

I will be looking into canceling my subscription so I can get a subscription with a service that actually plays nice. Being loyal to Spotify  is getting hard. 

CadBobSpo
Visitor

6000+ votes... can't wait for this feature to be added! 

Thanks

MandyDroid

Don't hold your breathe - we have been waiting for years. Spotify has no real interest in adding this feature.

Juliano01
Visitor

@Robertidon The question is when. I just cant get my head around the situation that Spotify is not givong any hind at all. 

bambich56

Maybe this will alert the management: everybody who owns shares of this company should sell them today. I will do.

meyerjoe
Casual Listener

First time comment. Happy spotify user so far. Just got me an Apple Watch. I'm totally excited about the convenience of the watch.

So this might be indeed a reason for me to cancel my premium account and switch to Apple Music. I'm very disappointed. 

brandonschall

Actually considering moving to Apple Music because you won’t allow cellular streaming. I understand no offline play... the Watch can’t have that much storage anyway I’m sure... but we should be able to stream at least.