Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments

I don't understand how this still hasn't been implemented.  I guess I need to start investigating the switch to Apple Music.

MandyDroid

Im done with this .. I am stopping alerts from this request.

riccphoto
I just got my Apple Watch, and yeah I'm kinda shocked. I did not want to invest too much in Apples Ecosystem but I might have to if Spotify will not even announce a feature like that. But maybe it is Apple not allowing Spotify to do so in return for the TV App? who knows what's going on behind the scenes.
@riccphoto wrote:

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

I just got my Apple Watch, and yeah I'm kinda shocked. I did not want to invest too much in Apples Ecosystem but I might have to if Spotify will not even announce a feature like that. But maybe it is Apple not allowing Spotify to do so in return for the TV App? who knows what's going on behind the scenes.

No, read this comment section backwards or right from the beginning and you will see that this is is an issue since summer 2018. Spotify is absolutely allowed to implement the offline/stream function onto the Apple Watch, but for whatever reasons they are not doing it. They did it for Garmin and Samsung Galaxy Gear Watches though. Save your time, don´t wait. People are waiting since almost two years. Spotify doesn´t want Apple Watches to have this feature. They are not even telling us why they´re not doing it. They obviously  don´t care.

fedeözkan

It is unbelievable that we cannot play spotify on Apple Watch in streaming or offline without using the Iphone.

I will change to ITunes if this is not solved yet.

regards

I can't make payment through iTunes and Spotify using my payment information. They can't even offer an offline playlist on Apple watch.. Sad

tbarusta

I am also thinking of cancelling our Spotify family account to move to Apple Music just because I can’t listen to my music on my Apple Watch 

neneonline

Another user tempted to make the switch to Apple Music. 

Will also switch to Apple Music. Spotify, this is just embarrassing...

Fernanda89

+1 vote for offline listening with watch OS5

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!