[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as a lot of you have added your votes to this idea. 

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Spotify Newsroom blog for updates about any partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
90an_o4-zlds
@riccphoto wrote:

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

I just got my Apple Watch, and yeah I'm kinda shocked. I did not want to invest too much in Apples Ecosystem but I might have to if Spotify will not even announce a feature like that. But maybe it is Apple not allowing Spotify to do so in return for the TV App? who knows what's going on behind the scenes.

No, read this comment section backwards or right from the beginning and you will see that this is is an issue since summer 2018. Spotify is absolutely allowed to implement the offline/stream function onto the Apple Watch, but for whatever reasons they are not doing it. They did it for Garmin and Samsung Galaxy Gear Watches though. Save your time, don´t wait. People are waiting since almost two years. Spotify doesn´t want Apple Watches to have this feature. They are not even telling us why they´re not doing it. They obviously  don´t care.

fedeözkan

It is unbelievable that we cannot play spotify on Apple Watch in streaming or offline without using the Iphone.

I will change to ITunes if this is not solved yet.

regards

Vineesh

I can't make payment through iTunes and Spotify using my payment information. They can't even offer an offline playlist on Apple watch.. Sad

tbarusta

I am also thinking of cancelling our Spotify family account to move to Apple Music just because I can’t listen to my music on my Apple Watch 

neneonline

Another user tempted to make the switch to Apple Music. 

Teesy1337

Will also switch to Apple Music. Spotify, this is just embarrassing...

Fernanda89
Visitor

+1 vote for offline listening with watch OS5

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

jbrown11

Add me to the list.  I’ve been a Spotify premium subscriber for 7 years.  If I can’t download my playlist to my Apple Watch in the next three months when my free Apple Music subscription ends I’ll be switching over.  Ridiculous that you can, but won’t add this feature.  

ibmer
Visitor

Opened an Apple Music account last night. Three month trial. Seems like that gives the Spotify team 90 days to do what they know is right for the customer before at least one drops. If your competitors are able to offer this feature, and you've been aware of the customer demand for what appears to be over two years, then (being a cloud developer myself) I think I'm being more than gracious at providing 90 days to deliver before taking my business elsewhere forever. This wouldn't be acceptable where I work, and it shouldn't be acceptable there either.

castadream
Visitor

Wait, this isn't possible in 2020 with the new Apple Watch?! If this is requirement for running, it sounds from other posts like Apple Music will work? Anyone make the switch? Curious to feedback.