Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
typk

Come on Spotify, I don't want to have to leave you for Apple Music. Get this sorted. 

Octavioccl

It has been more than 9 months since the last update and we still don't have this super requested feature, please Spotify listen your customers and prioritize what is important, probably also leaving my subscription if this situation doesn't change in the near future, this feature is really important for people that usually work out

thanhtam23

the idea has been posted for 5 years but current status is still "Not Right Now"

i dont prefer Apple Music because their music library is limited, especially in my native language

Spotify please seriously consider this!

fdnorbert

We need this. Otherwise it's kind of a miss.

JohnLocke94

any news about this @Spotify ?

Honestly, wireless bluetooth earphones became much more popular during the last months.

They are very interesting especially for sports and a good add-on to the Apple Watch as fitness tracker.

I can't believe that Spotify leaves all this potential up to Apple Music..

LJAJR22

Please add this function.  If Pandora can do it for free, how can we not have it for at least premium subscribers?

Suppnkasper

Get this feature DONE!!!! We are waiting since 4 Years!

CarBoyCam

Spotify, are you still too pre-occupied with your battle against Apple to stop people leaving your platform for Apple Music because you refuse to do a watchOS app which standalone, supports streaming via the Watch’s cellular connectivity and allows offline playback?

By all means fight for a fairer playing field with Apple, but YOU are lagging behind and both Apple Music and Pandora are head and shoulders above you with their Apple Watch apps.

Pretty sure if you gave us Apple Watch users what we wanted, you’d get more Premium subs and that money could - I don’t know - go towards your legal battle with Apple...

GabrielFrança

This development has been delayed for a long time. A solution will come, either no Apple watch or swap for Apple Music. No point to run with your smart watch and smartphone at the same time.

DonSanto

I've been a user since Spotify was an "invitation only" service. I've been paying from day 1 and I'm usually a really loyal user in general, but I am seriously starting to consider Apple Music right now. Get this done.