Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
Stept

Please fix this. I really love Spotify but I am not going to pay for Spotify and Apple Music. Really don’t won’t to switch but this is very important to me. I got the Apple Watch so I could leave my phone home more!

Tobeuss

@spotify why have a community at all if this is the level of interaction and transparency you’re willing to offer? It’s been a year since the last update. Say. Something. 

michanbg

Go Go Gadgeto Public Beta!

I want Spotify on my wrist....😓

nicpezz

update this

Vyx

I’m copying this from another thread that got closed as duplicate. 

Spotify is up in arms over Apple One but I’ll probably switch when it’s available. Spotify refusing to update the watch app to allow offline syncing is ridiculous. This is a widely requested feature and honestly at this point, basic functionality. Why would I pay for a Spotify family plan when I can get Apple Music which supports this in addition to storage, tv+, and arcade for $5 more. 

nicpezz

hey man, u close our last update on this section: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/iOS-Developer-2020-WatchOS-7-Apple-Watch-Offline-Music...

now please re-open this tread and lets give us an answer!

i copy this for the last thread that was closed 

spotify does not have any excuse right now!

im a runnger and i want to have the possibility to have my music offline on apple watch!

i would not like to pass to apple music or other offline playback like pandora, because i love spotify! 

but please listen our words!

think about all pepole with an apple watch, if u give them this possibility more people will buy apple watch and join spotify community for running. 

otherwise you will lose subscribers.. everyone will pass to apple music

(if u create this feature, pls allow also to non LTE apple watch)

it would be awesome if you can simply allow to download tracks on the apple watch memory!

Marc_1971

spotify does not **bleep** about customer whishes. Done with them, changing today to AM

Marciat

APPLE WATCH SERIES 6

I purchased an Apple Watch series 6 under the impression that Spotify would work without a phone using my LTE data through my carrier. I was told it does work by several people and blogs. 
I cannot get it to work at all. Does not function if o do not have my iPhone with me. 
I spent one hour on a chat support with Spotify and my final answer was that it works for some people and for others it does not. 
Like being on a medical test on placebo. 
It makes no sense at all. 
can someone shine a light on this subject. 
Thank you

dixieflatline

@Marciat this thread is all about this feature. I would read the last 20 or so messages to catch you up on the 160 pages of requests. 

That being said the apparently the LTE solution is in select Beta. 

Offline has not been answered and might well be down to a combination of DRM SDK access, political, ethical or stubbornness. 

Marciat

How can I get the BETA symbol on my watch. When will this be available to everyone. 
I have a premium membership with Spotify, it’s extremely frustrating not to be able to go for a run and leave my phone behind. 
I invested on an Apple Watch with a sole purpose to listen to music while running and not having to carry my phone with me. 
About 5 weeks  ago, while running I slowed down to switch my playlist on my phone.
I was hit by a car. 

Luckily my injuries were minor. 
I purchased a watch before I started running again.  Doctor recommend waiting a month. 
To my demise my Spotify music was not available to stream without my phone. 
That is just absurd, Spotify has the meaning to make this available to all users. 
SPOTIFY, make running safer to your subscribers.