Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as a lot of you have added your votes to this idea. 

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Spotify Newsroom blog for updates about any partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
Visitor

Hello, I just left Deezer because I know that this option is being tested with you.

Would it be possible to become a tester for this option?
I can't wait to use it 🙂
thank you in advance

Visitor
Does anyone know if Spotify reads this thread.
It seems very unlikely since they do not respond.
We are all waiting our time and energy hoping they care.

Got access to the beta today - Thank you Spotify, I look forward to trying it out and hope to see it officially launched soon! 

Thank you Dlant1987 - I checked and got it too. This is great timing. My 6 month free Apple Music trial from my mobile provider will finish by January. This is perfect. Looks like certainly going to be widely available soon.

Casual Listener

I know just got it too! This is awesome, been waiting for so long. So far it works okay, have yet to find any issue.

Spotify is reading. Some threads were removed and there was a comment once upon a time. Anyway this is T-30 days for a few people I am sure today. 

Casual Listener

I’m excited that I can also now say that I’ve been gifted with the beta, but I am not sure why Spotify has chosen to be so opaque about the the features/process. This could have been handled so much more eloquently. 

I assume that everyone getting gifted with the beta also has cellular coverage activated on their watches, right?

They lost 9% in earning this 3q. That’s the reason why they are rushing the beta on our Apple watches.. sadly they will increase prices, I don’t know how much but if they do... I’m out.. 

Casual Listener