Announcements

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as a lot of you have added your votes to this idea. 

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Spotify Newsroom blog for updates about any partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
jamesthomaslees
Visitor

How hard is it really? Pandora have already done it so "only first party apps support downloads" is an invalid claim. Just because you guys are salty the app store agreement YOU AGREED TO takes 30% doesn't mean you should neglect your customer base like this. I am locked into a family subscription but without it I would already be on apple music. Completely unacceptable and easy to implement but withdrawn because of a sore losers damaged pride.

Grow up and listen to your customers.

jaxjaxman2000

Why can we not download music to the apple watch yet? This is ridiculous and really hinders my Spotify premium. Completely thinking of switching to Apple Music since this simple feature cannot be completed.

Silithas
Roadie

SAmsung galaxy watch has this. Fully blown spotify player that can even offline songs. Biggest downside is galaxy watch's poor 4GB storage. Apple watch series 5 44mm has 32GB, but all we get is not a spotify player, but just a remote controller for iphone/ipad? And we can't even play through the speakers, but forced to connect headphones?

Give the apple watch a proper player to offline songs on it to make full use of the 32GB storage and be able to play straight from the watch's speakers.

Paddy0316
Visitor

Switched to Apple Music. Goodbye Spotify.

tonglil

STOP DRAGGING YOUR FEET.

Other providers have shown this is possible.

You are demonstrating the kind of customer unfriendly position and hubris that have taken down giants in the past.

reaper
Casual Listener

So disappointed that this is not possible on my new Apple Watch. I guess I will be moving my Spotify family subscription to Apple Music....

fabiojordan
Casual Listener

Using Apple Music right now and listening to all my favorites songs offline.

Even my Galaxy Watch Active had Spotify offline, and you're telling that an Apple Watch (that's much more powerful) can't use this feature is just ridiculous!

Thanks for nothing, Spotify!

krispy4

I shouldn’t have to feel this way but I’m kind of glad that their podcast strategy isn’t working as well as they’d hoped. Should bring them down to earth to realize that people aren’t going to flock over to Spotify just for the name or just for podcasts. People will go to the service that treats them best.

And I recommend everyone take a deep look and really figure out if Spotify is worth it for you. Because they’ve already figured out that you Apple Watch subscribers are not worth it to them.

campiador

Either do it or explain why not. I’m this close to switching to Apple Music because of this.

jmf18
Visitor

Switching to Apple Music over this

Related Ideas