Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
TimTaylor
Were?
rowdt

Not really, unfortunately..

olgabg

I downloaded Spotty for apple watch (on iphone). Then it asked me to sync devices. You need to be Premium user though. Now am trying to figure out how to complete Authentication. Very simple products Apple and Spotify but to sync them is such a nightmare!

rowdt

@olgabg could you share the download link for Spotty? I can't find it anywhere.. 

TimTaylor
I think he means snowy...but its unofficial **bleep**
https://snowy.rocks
rowdt

Yeah but it's unavailable yet.. launch has been postponed due to legal fight with Spotify. 

olgabg

I did it on my iphone. go to my iwatch and then to the app store there (all while on your iPhone). Also, have a look at this article: http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/spotify-apple-watch-offline

rowdt

Thanks. I know this app and I'm very much looking forward to it. I used to have Spotify and Apple Music Premium but I cancelled Apple Music because of that app.. still can't find it on the App Store on my Watch though. Maybe it's a regional thing, I'm not from the US. Guess we'll have to wait a little longer.

olgabg

I am in Ireland. no the States either. I looked up Spotify I think... Now the only struggle I have is to pass Authentication that iWatch is requesting. emailed Spotify, will see...

olgabg

Guys, I just cancelled my Spotify premium and signed up for Apple Music trial. If I like it it's same 10 eur a month after. works best with iwatch and all apple products. hopefully by end of 3 months Spotify comes up with the solution or I am gone from this app. Pity but I can't spend my time figuring stuff in this tech Era! Good luck to all 🙂