[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2018-11-10

Marked as a new idea and edited the title slightly :)

Comments
Vytazzz

If spotify not gonna answer in here tommorow I am leaving to AM too

Bdviet

Update @spotify

MandyDroid
Spotify does not reply to these threads. So many threaten to leave but don’t because Spotify is better then other services regardless of offline Apple Watch playback. Which I also want but won’t leave Spotify for it not being available yet.
retepf

What is the status of Apple Watch offline development?

fimpenb

I’m also been waiting for this feature for a while now. Personally I don’t care about offline mode, but streaming from the watch feel like a basic feature by now. Let’s do it @spotify !

rick_marshall

Has anybody heard any comments or feedback from @spotify? Watch os5 has been out for quite some time now, and Spotify seems to still be radio-silent regarding cellular streaming. It really is becoming quite tempting to drop Spotify and go with Apple Music for this one feature. Nobody in my family wants to do this, but as the one who pays the bill, I'm hating not being able to use my Watch to its fullest! Anybody heard anything?

wholesum

If there is no hard date for when offline listening on the apple watch will be relased, then I will be cancelling my subscription and switching to apple music instead. This is a huge issue with Spotify for me and many others.

antonkremser

I bought the Apple Watch for running and i thought that i can listen music without mobile phone.
What a shame that it is still not possible. Maybe i switch to Apple Music till Spotify comes out with an new Apple Watch ap that supports offline music.

-dxlpuka_l8bu

Watch OS 5 is here.  Where is offline playback?

Brunogf

I’m canceling my premium subscription and migrating to Apple Music ! Can’t wait any longer !