[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as a lot of you have added your votes to this idea. 

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Spotify Newsroom blog for updates about any partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments

Why do people have to beg for this? It's ridiculous. It's been a couple months since Watch OS 6 is available. You kind of beg people to switch to Apple Music. 

Visitor

It’s absolutely ridiculous that this hasn’t been developed yet. 

Get your act together or consider me a churn. 

Visitor

I have been paying for Apple Music for a year now.. I don’t understand what is going on. Why Spotify cannot make offline playback? I’m definitely not switching to Samsung because of Spotify. 

P.S used SongShift to transfer my playlist from Spotify to Apple Music 

Visitor

Wow - just discovered that Spotify's Apple watch app doesn't support cellular streaming?  That's ridiculous.  You really want to drive your younger population to Apple Music?  I have avoided AM for as long as I could, but since I invested in my watch so I don't have to drag my phone around on runs and hikes and can keep the phone safe in the car for basic errands, the lack of Spotify will force me into it.  Which will lead me to cancel my premium subscription here.  Thanks.

Lack of this feature is stopping me from getting premium.

Visitor

When this is available I will re-sub to premium. Until then, it is Pandora or Apple Music...

Visitor

This needs to be revisited. Audible and Overcast have watch apps that send audio files much larger than songs to the watch. And Pandora lets you save songs to the watch, just like Apple music. This is not a novel feature to build, and the idea that spotify can be taken seriously as a music streaming service by anyone with an apple watch who regularly runs/jogs without it is absurd. I'm not going to pay for a streaming service without this feature when there are at least 2 out there that have it.

Just checking in to see if Spotify got a rectocranialectomy. Nope... SSDD.

Visitor

Please make this happen! I’d love to be able to go on a bike ride with just my watch and earphones!

Casual Listener

Spotify, where are you on this? Still no update? Your consumers would appreciate a little honesty, even if you just tell us to go pound sand. Anything is better than nothing.