Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments

Instead of whining around and complaining about Apple One ( https://www.macrumors.com/2020/09/15/apple-one-unbundle-spotify-irreparable-harm/ ) you should implement this feature already. You are the ones pushing your costumers to Apple.

broobsin

This is becoming a deal breaker (no cellular). Is there any updates on this? I am thinking of switching off Spotify if there is no plan for this feature.

azanardi

Aha, you “don’t have any further information to share at the moment”. Well it’s super obvious that you JUST DO NOT WANT to do this feature that would cost you not more than 4 or 5 employees yearly salaries for an audience of 100s of  millions. You are such an arrogant company just ignoring your paying customers,

lvandergarde

Really want this feature. Drives me mad that I have to bring my phone when I go for a run. I think this community update is also not helping really, why can’t you just promise that you will develop this?

franky247

Hi, not being able to use my fantastic apple watch without the big iPhone when running etc. has become a blocker for me. I need to be able to make playlists available offline on my watch. If there is no solution for this I am on my way,  to an Apple Music subscription. I like the Spotify curation much more etc, but hey, you can always keep a free Spotify account and playlists can always easily be transferred over if needed via various apps. 

LuciusC

any updates!?!?!

typk

1F8FA208-1209-4319-938D-886DA2BFFDA4.jpeg

502A664E-4FB9-4A5E-8777-ABF531224540.jpeg

It’s finally happening, maybe I won’t have to leave for Apple Music after all.

Apple One may have pushed this over the line. 

janedoe4190

Aw man that does look promising! I want to try! Hopefully they start rolling this out to more users (as in me!) so I can test this out.

EClemance

Hi All,

Quick update as Spotify don’t seem to feel the requirement to do so. I have the beta option on my watch as well and it seems to work. Will give it a proper test tomorrow on a run. It’s not the most intuitive option to find:

1. Open the app then at the bottom right where there is the green phone symbol click on it.

2. select the beta option that has the name of you watch.

your done!

i will feed back with a field test tomorrow