Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments

If you have internet access via cellular, streming will work too.

danny_dayan

@Spotify,

Please improve the cache on the Apple Watch! 
I have constant problems with music not playing due to connectivity issues. Really frustrating when I need to debug the app during a run. Close the app, on/off cell, etc..etc.. and not always successful!
Makes my run frustrating! I am sure if it is possible on apple music that it be possible on Spotify as well. 

tks!

maxwood

Offline. Playlist. Support.

Keep this up Spotify and I'll be an Apple Music subscriber in no time. That'll save me £50 with their 5 month trial too.

jamesthomaslees

How hard is it really? Pandora have already done it so "only first party apps support downloads" is an invalid claim. Just because you guys are salty the app store agreement YOU AGREED TO takes 30% doesn't mean you should neglect your customer base like this. I am locked into a family subscription but without it I would already be on apple music. Completely unacceptable and easy to implement but withdrawn because of a sore losers damaged pride.

Grow up and listen to your customers.

JaxtonW

Why can we not download music to the apple watch yet? This is ridiculous and really hinders my Spotify premium. Completely thinking of switching to Apple Music since this simple feature cannot be completed.

Silithas

SAmsung galaxy watch has this. Fully blown spotify player that can even offline songs. Biggest downside is galaxy watch's poor 4GB storage. Apple watch series 5 44mm has 32GB, but all we get is not a spotify player, but just a remote controller for iphone/ipad? And we can't even play through the speakers, but forced to connect headphones?

Give the apple watch a proper player to offline songs on it to make full use of the 32GB storage and be able to play straight from the watch's speakers.

Paddy0316

Switched to Apple Music. Goodbye Spotify.

tonglil

STOP DRAGGING YOUR FEET.

Other providers have shown this is possible.

You are demonstrating the kind of customer unfriendly position and hubris that have taken down giants in the past.

reaper

So disappointed that this is not possible on my new Apple Watch. I guess I will be moving my Spotify family subscription to Apple Music....

fabiojordan

Using Apple Music right now and listening to all my favorites songs offline.

Even my Galaxy Watch Active had Spotify offline, and you're telling that an Apple Watch (that's much more powerful) can't use this feature is just ridiculous!

Thanks for nothing, Spotify!