Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
franky247

Hi all,

I have finally switched to Apple Music, just because offline is not possible on Apple watch with Spotify. It's a pity as I love Spotify's curation, suggestions and so on. But I managed to synchronize playlists, including the discover weekly, via third party apps, so at least I am getting some of the Spotify suggestions now on Apple Music 🙂

Cheers,

F

AlexandreRS

I had to sign up for apple music just to be able to download musics in my watch so i can run without my phone. Btw, spotify is so much better than apple music. pleeeeeeeease make it happen sometime in the next three months! thank you from brasil

lisiane

I find it hilarious that the main reason I bought my Apple Watch was so I could run and listen to my Spotify without my mobile. Thanks to Spotify for not prioritizing this feature, I’m now canceling my Spotify Premium subscription and moving to Apple Music. Great way to lose customers Spotify!! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

kidnamedjosh

From the now ruined desktop Ui, to this offline feature still not being available for Apple Watch... I'm running out of reasons to stay subscribed, Spotify. 😒

Hurry up and implement the offline feature. Listen to your costumers for once!!

Sk1gl4a

People should be able to download songs to Apple Watch. Sometimes you just want to go out and do some sports without your phone. Many countries don’t support ESim for Apple Watch, so this feature will be super useful. 

JuliaBBB

Spotify needs to catch up with Deezer! I’m able to stream via Deezer on my Apple Watch, not Spotify. I bought the watch with cellular so that I can run and listen to my playlist without my cellphone. It’s very disappointing to find out Spotify hasn’t been catching up after all these years.

Lucho7
Spotify does have the ability to stream to a cellular Apple Watch. What it
does not have is the ability to download music to the watch to listen
without a cellular connection.
saintscar

Now given the news they are increasing family plan price again (probably to compensate the coming „free“ podcast stuff I have no interest in at all), I don’t even care anymore. Just one more reason besides this thread to finally make an easy decision and go to Apple One. (And hey, probably Apple podcasts thing will even be part of it anyway).

I can’t believe I would ever say that, but Apple is slowly becoming the „bang for the Buck“ leader in any category 😂

lvandergarde

Why is this still not implemented yet. Unbelievable, honestly! 

BattleUnicorn

I have been with Apple Music for about a year now. Left Spotify because of this issue. Decided to check out if they have gotten this enabled. 

Nope. 

Honestly, I like Spotify better than Apple Music but this feature is too important to consider coming back without it being implemented.

New family plan pricing for Spotify also makes it difficult to come back since with Apple's family plan at $19.99 per month (I know that is more than Spotify) my family gets a lot more than just music, but the main reason is lack of full Apple Watch support for downloaded music.