[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as a lot of you have added your votes to this idea. 

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Spotify Newsroom blog for updates about any partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
spacemeli
Visitor

I wish Spotify could make an Apple Watch to store our offline music on the watch. It is so easy to do that with Apple music ! I hope Spotify will make an announcement quite soon !

henksky

SPOTIFY DO YOU WANT TO LOSE CUSTOMERS? NO? SO PLEASE LAUNCH THAT APP SOON! or every sporty customer with a NEW Apple Watch serie 2 will switch to Apple Music very soon, including me! Thank you :-)

Christian43

Apple Music does ...

Pcaledo
Yes, Apple Music permit save 250 songs in the Apple Watch so you can go to running without mobile and only with your watch and EarPods
tizzey23
Visitor

I need that feature as well! asap! please!!!

dkmrcw
Casual Listener

Me too.... spent the morning googling just that.... I'm loyal to Spotify and want to remain as such... Tech-wise, for running, I want GPS and I want music.  I'll put up with Bluetooth if I have to, so, if Spotify can't come up with a downloadable playlist app for the Watch then, my subscription is gonna have to go to Apple Music... Shame.

dkmrcw
Casual Listener

Now the Series 2 has GPS, spotify just has to create this app, otherwise people are gonna leave Spotify in their millions... me included unfortunately....

Nexusv6
Hi,
I have been waiting for this feature for months. I guess we will end switching to Apple Music. We don't owe anything to Spotify and the law of the free market rules.
Mdhat
Let's hurry up and get this done. I'm not looking forward to subscribing to Apple Music