[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as a lot of you have added your votes to this idea. 

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Spotify Newsroom blog for updates about any partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Related Ideas

Comments
ma_le

I have been using Spotify for several years but right I am also about to drop spotify and go for apple music. Its a pity. Any updates on the watch app?

jimster1
I can report that Apple music is working great this far :p
lagstrom
Casual Listener
I have read and hoped for that Spotty app quite a while now but I only read rumors that I really cant tell if they are true or not. Hard to find anyone that actually tested it them selves. I so wish they are true and that app will be released soon. Would make life a **bleep** of a lot easier... I am tired of ripping songs from playlists, manually split them and load them onto the watch via itunes.
Anybody have any info? Release date? How is beta test going?
MisiekFoxx
Visitor
App is very really. Tested it and it works fine. No rumours
olgabg
Visitor
dob999

Is there any chance to get the beta version of spotty?

franciscosoler
Casual Listener
I have finally given up and cancelled my Spotify premium family
subscription today. I have switched to Apple Music. The Spotify service is
great but the lack of response of its team is unacceptable.
melissav1395
Wow I cannot believe still no sign or word about an app compatible w/ Apple Watch. Beyond disappointed and frustrated to hear no word of this yet. please spotify do this for your loyal customers.
gante

Another premium customer ready to jump to Apple music if you don't release an App for the watch (or let snowy do your job) in the next few weeks.

Sébastien2
I don't understand how Spotify could at the same time have such good customer stats without thinking about them, without any communication about the "No AW App" gate. It's just not understandable for all of us.
Really thinking about going to Apple Music, I rely on SNOWY and hope it will be there in a few weeks or I will leave.