[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as a lot of you have added your votes to this idea. 

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Spotify Newsroom blog for updates about any partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
Pcaledo

Morning all!, it is a pity, I posted this one year and half ago...and I have my subscription to Spotify and Apple Music. Regret the Spotify team has not taken note about this problem for a lot of user. At the end of the years, my subscription will be expire, and I will not contract again. 

The reasons, I cannot believe Spotify team has not received this message, because it is not personal trouble..., and they are not trying to improving it. The Spotify music has not the same quality of e Apple Music, I have not idea why not?, and only one reason to prefer Spotify in this moment...., the Spotify playlist are really better than in Apple Music. My personal point of view is, Spotify has a staff listing, and developing the list and Apple Music is more mechanical, is like a computer mixing music without feeling....

but I cannot continue with both subscription of course.

erkan12
Visitor

I want to buy the apple watch to use it when running. Since i always listen to music while I run, I would love to have the music streamed to my wireless headphones without having to bring my phone.

Please create an app for offline playlists on the apple watch. That would be great!

Puppetisto

Yes! I would love this feature too! 

Azichek

I agree. I have been a spotify premium subscriber for 5+ years now and the lack of an apple watch app will be what drives me to stop my subscription to Spotify and shift to apple music. 

Apple music is now competitive with Spotify in terms of features and now with SongShift, I can import all my playlists to apple music. I think its time to say goodbye to spotify and hello to apple music. :( 

Hassaan22

Been a HUGE Spotify fan, and currently have my entire family on Spotify Family premium plan. I also hate on iTunes on every opportunity that I get; that software is terrible, and about a week ago, I could never see myself using iTunes for anything.

Fast forward to this week, when Apple Watch with GPS is announced, and my world has turned upside down when I find that Spotify is unwilling to make a simple Watch app. And as a person who HATES iTunes, I will switch to Apple Music if there is no response within the next couple weeks. Have already started my 3-month trial, and is working just fine. Also doesnt hurt to get all music releases first on apple music, btw.

Bottom line Spotify: you WILL lose tons of paying customers becasue of this stupid decision to not make a simple apple watch. Please address this concern soon, or you will see a lot of people turn the other way.

musammir

Agree with this - I just ordered the 2nd gen Apple Watch and not having Spotify is a big deal breaker for me. I will be leaving Spotify and switching over to Apple Music in a few weeks if there is no update on a Spotify Apple Watch app.

Azichek
Iguerra
Visitor

Echoing what everyone else here is saying. I've been a spotify premium member from day 1 and currently a family plan subscriber. Now that the apple watch has GPS I'm in! I need the Spotify apple watch app as I have long dreamed of the day when I could  head out for a run sans phone, especially now that I am going w/the plus sized model. Get it together Spotify, I love the service but this has the potential to be an "irreconcilable difference"!

derekkwan

PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE Spotify.  The Apple Watch 2 is in my future.  I love spotify's UI on mac, iphone, ipad.... and I HATE iTunes and have no desire to use Apple Music.... But I'm a half marathoner, and I will choose Apple Music over spotify, so I can no longer have to carry my iphone 6 plus with me when I run.  There will be many, many more long time subscribers leaving as well, as they discover they cannot use Spotify on their Apple Watch 2, but they can use Apple Music.  Apparently there's even an app that will help you move/match your playlists...  I hope you're listening.

lagstrom
Casual Listener

I just cancelled my Spotify family subscription and got back to Apple Music where I have been the last year.

I convinced my family to change to Spotify last week but when I realized I will not be able to excercise without the mobile just because Spotify dont want to, I changed back and I am really happy about it.

I was a Spotify user for 4+ years before but left it earlier because of integration features.

Now this time I signed up yesterday night  but unsigned this morning again. Guess I have to take that month of paid family supscription. 

But if that important piece of using it is missing, I will definitely not stay.

Ciao!