[iOS][CarPlay] Ability to view content of playlists in Home

This feature was present just two weeks ago and disappeared after last update 8.5.49.1123.

I'm using Spotify in the car, by Carplay form my Iphone 8.

Do you plan to restore this feature in the nearest update?

Thank you.

Updated on 2020-03-21

Hey folks,

Thanks for clarifying! We've now marked this as a new idea. We've also edited the title for the sake of clarity.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found in this Spotify Answer.

Cheers!

Comments
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2020-03-18

Hey @art3-14,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

Do you mind clarifying the feature that you're referring to? If you could provide a screenshot to show us how it looks now and explain what's changed exactly, that would be great.

Thanks - keep us posted!

Casual Listener

Sure, Thank you for concern.

Below are two screens. The first shows how Daily Mix' list looks  now. There is just a list of six daily mixes.

If I choose one of them, the DailyMix just starts playing back. Whole list. Without information about contents, next song, etc...

Formerly (three, four weeks ago) Daily Mix was showing the same way as my other playlists. Take a look on the second screen. It shows my playlist named  "Alpha Mist Radio" . There is a full list of songs  that are included, and I'm able to start listening from that song, which I want. Or to check what exactly does the list include?

And this list doesn't start automatically until I tap the song which I choose.

That's my point.

This feature: "the list's contents" was disappeared in Daily Mixes, Discover Weekly, Release Radar, Family Mix etc. after last update.

But still it is present in my saved playlists.

I hope you understand me now.

Regards
d

IMG_2557.jpgIMG_2559.jpg

Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2020-03-18

Hey @art3-14,

Thanks for getting back to us with an update!

Is this only happening when trying to access Daily Mixes from the Home tab?

If not, could you clarify in what other contexts this is happening?

Thanks - keep us posted!

Casual Listener

It applies to EVERY lists in HOME tab.

And in opposite: each list in my LIBRARY tab has a contents

I have the same remark: since approx. 2 updates ago the contents of playlist that are not saved to your own playlists cannot be viewed using Carplay. It would be nice to see this feature restored. 

An example: Through the recently played or home tab you can only see playlists (and other things) you played and not their content anymore. 

Casual Listener

Thanks. So there are two of us now🙂

Any chance for answer from Spotify Team?

The thing is, I listen to Spotify in the car mainly and I drive a lot. Really a lot 🙂

Regards

Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-03-21

Hey folks,

Thanks for clarifying! We've now marked this as a new idea. We've also edited the title for the sake of clarity.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found in this Spotify Answer.

Cheers!

Casual Listener

Thank you, however it's hard to say that it is NEW IDEA.

As I told this feature was present in IOS app a few updates before, and simply disappeared.

My question is only - why? Maybe Spotify had serious reasons to cancelling this option. I want to know if any.

Also I'm asking do you have a plan to restore it? And possibly when? If you don't, please just answer:)

In last days was 2 next updates. The content of playlist is still unavailable.

Regards

Visitor

I would love to have the ability to choose what’s on my “Home” tab. Since it’s the first one to open.

I never use any of the mixes suggested.