[iOS][Carplay] Better Album artwork in CarPlay.

It's difficult to see and enjoy the album artwork in Apple Carplay. 

You've done a much better job in Android.

Not my photos, but you can get the point! :)

Audi-A4-Spotify-X702D-A4.jpgAndroid AutoCarPlay-10.3.pngCarPlay

Updated on 2018-09-30

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-09-30

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

ramborobinson
Casual Listener

I actually pretty surprised this needs pointing out. Surely someone’s in development would have seen this and thought “well thats poor”. 

DannsTheMan

I'm disappointed that you're treating this as an Community Idea for evaluation/prioritisation.  In my view, Spotify's album art implementation is SO POOR in Carplay, that I consider it a bug.  Indeed, when I initially used the feature in Carplay, I sincerely thought that there was no album art showing.  I actually thought I'd overlooked a configuration setting, and went searching online to find out how to enable the display of album art - only then did I come across some threads that the album art was actually present, albeit blurred and in the background.  Please fix this!

Magicrico

Let’s get the change happening. Unacceptable by Spotify and a quick fix too!! Please vote!! 

Magicrico

I don’t see how difficult it would be to implement a change which would make our cars look better and represent the brand more. Why hasn’t this been done. Previous posts show android are great but iPhone has been ignored. Spotify please help us and implement this change!!

wesstjohn

Completely agree w this. Just upgraded my radio for CarPlay and find the lack of album cover support in the Spotify CarPlay experience pretty subpar. Fix it!

sc88

Couldn't agree more with this. It looks absolutely shocking. Most of the time, my background just looks black. It's that dark and blurry. My head unit's own home screen looks way better. Nice sharp album art with the text beside it. Give us something similar!!

cal1319
Visitor

Not sure why this hasnt been done but it makes spotify in carplay look like trash. 

sc88

This would probably take them about 2 minutes to program as well. Can't understand how they would do it like it is now, leave it and be happy with it. It looks horrible.