Announcements

[iOS][Connect] Sleep timer compatible with connect

It would be grand if sleep timer was compatible with connect on other devices. I have my Amazon Alexa connected to my Spotify (and she runs her own version of the Spotify app) and yet, if I want to listen on a sleep timer, I have to disconnect from her and listen on my phone speaker, which is garbage quality in comparison. If the device has a Spotify app it should be able to run connect & sleep timer at the same time. 

Updated on 2021-01-27

Hey @kyabeto,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Elena
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2021-01-27

Hey @kyabeto,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

sbozzie
Regular

Copying notes over from the duplicate that was just closed: for Android connecting to Google Home ecosystem this is also the case.

The behaviour is jarring enough that many users think this is a defect rather than a feature to be implemented:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Sleep-timer-not-working-with-podcasts/m-p/5148838#M173734

Related Ideas