[iOS][Discover] Adding the Year the song was released

I listen to music from the 70s and 80s and sometimes when I listen to these older songs I’m curious about the year it was released. I thought that the year that the song was released could be put somewhere by the title and artist. Just a simple thing that I think could be found useful and interesting for listeners.

Updated on 2020-05-02

Marked as new idea.

Comments
Casual Listener

I totally agree. I usually have to click on the song and go to album to find release date. It is kind of aggravating when you want to know release year's for multiple songs and you have to do this long process. 

Visitor

I wish this had more interest. Not sure why not. Maybe the subject line is too complicated. I'd love for Spotify to show the year a song was released. I like making playlists based on the decade or year it was released and have to do a google search every time. 

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-05-02

Marked as new idea.

Rock Star 4
Rock Star 4

I think that this is a great idea! It would be convenient for the release year to show up on the “Now Playing” view, such that it isn’t necessary to have to go to the album to find this information.

I also think that it would be great if the release year was visible in playlists along with the artist and title of the track, as well as if playlists could be sorted by the release year via the “Filters” option.

Casual Listener

I’m glad other people think the same as me! I’m not a tech guy but I think something like that is a simple addition that could have a big effect for listeners. Hopefully something along these lines could be released in the future!