Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Discover] Restore Touch Preview on iOS App

Touch preview removal on last iOS vers. update looks like it hasn't been a great idea. You are on time to restore it, one of the best Spotify features.

Updated on 2019-03-19

Hey!

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

This feature was originally removed from the app due to low engagement. There was a statement at the time which you can check out at https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Touch-Preview-on-iOS-removal/td-p/1857905.

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as it's not something we have any immediate plans to add back onto the app.

If we do have any new info to share we'll check back in here with a new status.

Cheers!

Comments
Primusfalafel

Also I miss the preview feature. Without it really makes discovering new music much less easy. Please bring it back. 

MayoMaca

Please bring this back! I thought this was a very nifty feature on Spotify and after discovering it, I used it all the time. It pains me to see it removed. I would love if it was added once again. Thank you! 😊

Re2thomp

I feel like the only reason there was low engagement might be because people didnt know about it? Super disappointed in this. 

miamimusiclover

Yes please bring this feature back!! I know several people were upset that this feature was removed! I and everyone I know that uses spotify uses it like crazy!!

Adam58

Hiya! I think touch preview was one of the best features of the app. Too bad it's gone now. I understand trying to optimize the app, but I can't see a downside to keeping this feature for the people who like it. Additionally, I had used Spotify for a long time before I even discovered the feature. I think it wasn't used often because very few people knew about it. It's really the only effective way to preview an album or playlist. Please reconsider

JoAnne87

I’m currently playing music but my toggle bar at the bottom is gone :(I’m currently playing music but my toggle bar at the bottom is gone 😞

Now it doesn’t show me the music that is currently playing and I can’t even skip to the next music.apparently, the next button is not workingNow it doesn’t show me the music that is currently playing and I can’t even skip to the next music.apparently, the next button is not working

Please help, how to put back the toggle bar at the bottom,this only starte Le a few days ago ang only in one playlist. Thank you 

CarlGustav2

Really what a pitty they removed it.... the preview process is such a craopy experience now...

annaiscool44

im sO DISsapOInTeD !!!1!!!1

drakebullet

Used this all the time. Bring it back. Was a unique feature. Why remove it? Not being used at a high level does not equal dont like it

Farodopi

PUT IT BACK WHATSAPP THE **bleep**!!!!

PLEASE PUT IT BACK PLEASE