Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Discover] Restore Touch Preview on iOS App

Touch preview removal on last iOS vers. update looks like it hasn't been a great idea. You are on time to restore it, one of the best Spotify features.

Updated on 2019-03-19

Hey!

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

This feature was originally removed from the app due to low engagement. There was a statement at the time which you can check out at https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Touch-Preview-on-iOS-removal/td-p/1857905.

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as it's not something we have any immediate plans to add back onto the app.

If we do have any new info to share we'll check back in here with a new status.

Cheers!

Comments
Simo8844

Preview play a beautiful and useful thing to have!

savannahsanders

Please bring this back, this is the one major thing that I loved about spotify, it let finding new music so much easier. I don't even know if using Spotify is worth it without it 

tahoeskibunnie

I used this feature all the time, I've recently seen reviews on the App Store with users complaining that this feature is "not working" or "no longer available"

nathaniel0

This should be reversed! I recon the reason usage was low was as nobody knew the feature was there, I discovered it and used it daily afterwards.

I’ve assumed that my phone was at fault during the iOS Beta but have just realised it’s actually removed after scouring the forums. Frankly, the removal is pointless and annoying, why remove something useful for some people with no gain? 

TylerW303

Why would you remove a feature that helps people discover new music?! That's a bad move. I'd rather not have to switch streaming apps, but it looks like I'm going to have to. 

Luc4s

WHY DID YOU GUYS REMOVE THIS FEATURE?????

I JUST CANNOT BELIEVE IT 

PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!

Mb1025

Bring this back!! Best part of Spotify was the preview button.

tompotter63

This was sUCH an amazing feature, it set Spotify APART - made it my absolute favorite for new music discovery browsing, **bleep** yeah!! **bleep**in' terrible choice to remove guys, you don't pull something people love. Maybe "low engagement" but the people who *actually knowwww* about it do truly love it!! Just teach people!!

Call_me_skulls

WHY DO THEY JUST SAY THE SAME STUFF RIGHT OUT OF THE TEXTBOOKS?!!! GIVE US A PERSONAL REPLY! GIVE US, THE FANS OUR FEATURE BACK! There was absolutely no point in taking this out and not even adoing another feature in! Why would ANY company even think of removing an EXTREMELY useful feature and NOT EVEN ADDING ANOTHER

ONE BACK? 1 step back, 0 steps forward. So many people are canceling their subscriptions. Why would spotify want this? ADD THIS BACK AND STOP IGNORING PAYING CUSTOMERS. 

By the way, there is absoutely no proof that this was an unused feature, hundreds of people replied to this saying how much they loved it, IMAGINE the amount of people who didn’t even reply!!!

Slugmar

Just because a feature has low engagement, doesn't mean it is a bad feature; clearly there are a good number of people who are extremely upset that you removed it (it makes me extremely angry every time I use Spotify now that it no longer works!). Perhaps the issue wasn't with the feature, but that it wasn't available on other platforms, and it's existence was not clearly communicated to users? This was by far my favorite feature of Spotify, as it made finding new music easy; now I am frustrated every time I try to browse... and, I hear that any of your competitors has added similar functionality, I will immediately switch my subscription, despite having years of investment in building my Spotify library.