Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Do NOT automatically hide the Timer in Now Playing

A recent upgrade has resulted in the song timer blacking out in the Spotify App after a few seconds on a song -- I am a cycling instructor, and I need to see where I am in a track without having to reach down an hit the screen for it to show up again (I accidently jumped to the following track in the middle of a workout the other day trying to figure out where we were in the song). So yes, you can make it re-appear, but when you are leading a class with 50 people in it, and still riding, it is a huge pain to have to pick up your phone multiple times in a song, and very carefully tap the screen (without swiping) to see what minute mark you are at. Having the slider is not sufficient as we time our classes and songs with planned races and pickups (so, for example, I need to be able to know that there is a pickup at 1:22-157, and that there are 7 seconds before it happens, or 32 seconds until the end of the song, etc. etc.).

Removing the timer saves NO space on the screen, and is more of nuscance than anything else. Please bring back the song timer, or at least give people the option to say "Yes hide the timer after a few seconds", or, "No, leave the timer there".

There are thousands of fitness professionals in the same position -- along with my entire studio who use spotify, and we are all irritated with this new feature.

Please, please, PLEASE change it back. This has been a huge headache since last week's update.

image1.PNG
image2.PNG

Updated: 2015-07-29

Hey folks, we're marking this as a 'Good idea'. Continue to leave your feedback here and we'll keep bringing it back to the teams at Spotify, thanks!

Comments
scandot

i agree completely. PLEASE  allow time display to remain onscreen!!!!!!!!!!!

Leifrenzy815
Hi there,
This tip was passed over to me awhile ago....just double tap where the timer is and the TIMER STAYS PUT. I had to play with it a little, but it totally works. Why this isn't an option on the Spotify app, I have no idea...hope this helps! Pass it on!
scandot

thank you!! much appreciated!!

Jackiebaynes1

Yes I need it too. If it doesn't come back I will have to switch back to apple where I can use an app that keeps the counter on each song. 

Leifrenzy815
Hi! If you double tap by the time of the song, it STAYS!! kinda play with it tho...but it does work. I wished that it was made available in the settings as an option...hope this helps!
Jackiebaynes1
Thank you, I got an email from Spotify right away last night. That's great! Thanks so much!
JesseHedrick
Double tap the timer line
Danspin

It seemed that after it was resolved that it is DOING IT AGAIN. DONT HIDE THE TIME!!

Leifrenzy815
Hi there,
Try double tapping the area where the time is...it will stay on once you double tap it. Hope this helps!
Bsalinas1
Thank you sooooooo much!!!!!