Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Split Screen Support

It would be awesome if spotify could support the IOS 9 Multitask Split-Screen feature ...!!!

Updated on 2021-01-13

Hey there folks,

Thanks for bringing your ideas and votes to the Idea Exchange!

We're marking this as implemented, as multiple iOS devices now support Split View.

Cheers!

Comments
crossi1985

We are on iOS 11 now, and Split View/ Slide Over become common features more and more. It would be highly appreciated if you could implement them in the not so far future.

We really need it..

Obiwobi

This was nearly 3 years ago, surely it should have progressed by now?

mcgrog

Wake up Spotify!

cocomcgee

Come on, Spotify. This is so annoying. We have literally been asking for this for 3 years. Just adapt with the times. All the other apps accomodate split screen! WAKE UP!

teemu2

Unbelievable. Get it done already.

Redwoodtree

I’m surprised this isn’t being considered. This is essential to allow creation of playlists from other apps. 

Carol64

Yes, PLEASE This would attract more subscribers...iTunes & Pandora DOES work in split screen mode! I am so disappointed. Can you please code your app so it works? I may have to give up my family subscription and rely on the aforementioned services.

niellus16

The split screen support is one of the main reasons why I bought an iPad Pro recently. I mainly use it for practicing music, so I thought  it could now let my music scores take most of the screen space while Spotify is shown on the side (to play along with songs) in more or less iPhone ratios. Unfortunately, Spotify is not open source otherwise I could probably have done it myself (I’m a developer as well). So, please help us by implementing this feature ASAP 

acruz2526

Add this feature. It’s a huge usability improvement for clients, and every single other music app on my iPad supports it. iOS 12 is around the corner...fourth iteration of the OS that supports multitasking and you still won’t implement a basic feature that is essentially pre-built for you w/ Swift & XCode. If you want to show your customers you care even a little bit, just try it!