[iOS] Incorporate Search into Spotify CarPlay Experience

Now that iOS 12 has opened up CarPlay APIs, there should be no reason the Spotify CarPlay app can't include search. All of the maps apps include actual keyboard support for searching within their CarPlay app – why can't Spotify do that too?

Updated on 2018-09-27

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-09-27

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

rmjo
Casual Listener

Yes please, just do it.

khaiern
Casual Listener

This is a welcoming feature and would really rival other apps. It would also provide much needed usability when comparing to what is possible in a Tesla. 

Spaceboy88
Roadie

This idea has over 100 likes...any update, Spotify?

Bujaren
Visitor

Now im testing the iOS 13 Beta its a better artwork overall with carplay but i still miss the Search-Tool. 

In any case, you would make life a little easier for us. So Please add a search-bar to search songs, artists etc.

Is quite cumbersome to use the phone to  search for a song?  What do I use CarPlay for?

Greetings from Germany

corkyduke
Casual Listener

Any updates? This is a huge miss. It is so very obvious that one should be able to search using the car screen interface. Also, I should be able to access my Artists from the car interface and choose an album to play but that functionality is not there either. The interface is sorely lacking in its current form.