Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Option to use "Spatial Audio" on iOS 14 (AirPods Pro)

Apple recently made a update for AirPods Pro allowing spatial audio on iOS 14

I think we need this as an option for Spotify. 

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Hubo

I would love to see this implemented but I think feature is available only for Movies and TV Shows at this moment. There's some more information about this feature here: https://support.apple.com/HT211775

brakke97

Having Spatial Audio on Spotify would completely redefine the music experience one can have. Having the feeling that you're in the middle of a club or concert hall is just next-level and would gain a lot of extra audience.

jlechner45

If it’s already native to iOS and available to developers, then I don’t see anything wrong with adding an option to toggle on the Spatial Audio feature if the user is connected to their AirPods. 

Marrekk

Guys, this is not possible as music is made to be in stereo. It wouldn't even sound good. 

If a certain track would be created in 7.1 or 5.1 or that similar format then yes. But all music producents are doing it in stereo with good mono compatibility. Seriously, it wouldn't work well. 

uemit2705

Spatial Audio will be also coming for Cars, so this feature is enormously relevant.

Marrekk

It can be useful in movies, etc. but as I said post earlier. It’s not possible in music. How would you like to hear it? 

guys explain it to me how would you want to hear the sound? Like kick on the right or behind you? Why? wth 

wiham124

It would be soooo amazing for every single user that has AirPods Pro, which is a large fan base. It could be hard trying to pair apples tech with yours but if it’s possible, please consider it. It would be an amazing feature

thewisebard

I do not think this is a good idea because it would mess with the mix of stereo tracks in a negative way.

darushah

Please add these for AirPods Pro as the audio really sounds well with spartial audio.

pplaggenborg

Would love to get Spatial Audio as well.