Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Option to use "Spatial Audio" on iOS 14 (AirPods Pro)

Apple recently made a update for AirPods Pro allowing spatial audio on iOS 14

I think we need this as an option for Spotify. 

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Himad

Took the free 3 months on Apple Music : it’s definitely a must have on Spotify. 
i’ll stay if the boss buys Arsenal. If he don’t, I’m afraid i could leave. 

KevinCruzTorres

I would love for spatial audio to come to spotify or else I'll move to Apple Music

chris83rose

Yep, would love it. Apple Music is becoming a huge drawer with that and Apple Watch music (still not available for me to use on my family plan, Spotify!)

bbuckner

I mean, apparently, it's another format that streaming services will have to offer, right? I don't have the fancy headphones, but would enjoy whatever new option/format The Beatles puts out there. If they're doing it, then you gotta offer it.

OG_Spotifi_User

Apple just made it available for Apple Music on all mobile devices. They also made Dobly Atmos available for earphones/headsets that support it. 

gelbma0991

I've taken out a two month trial with Apple Music and I have to say their lossless, and their spatial audio are SO much better than what I get playing back through Spotify. You guys really need to up your game in terms of audio quality and mixing for your service. I couldn't believe the difference in some of the albums I was listening to!

You guys really need to implement lossless and Spatial audio quick or I think you'll lose a lot of customers to apple. 

Mihail
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

elro_root

spatial audio is a great feature, we need it

briggalota

this is a feature im really interested in and would love to see it implemented into spotify. its a game changer and i really hope it can be done

Spiderpantz9944

Totally add this.