[iOS][Playlists] Link Creator Profiles on Playlists for Free Users on Mobile

In the iOS app for Spotify with a free account if you search for a playlist, click on one, then decide to check out what other playlists that user has you can't click on their username to go to their profile. However, you can in the paid version of Spotify. I suggest this be linked the same way as the paid version instead of having to go back and search for that user (which is also difficult).

Along with the user profile link, this suggestion is also for the playlist description, last updated date and duration to show, the same as the paid version. Please see the screenshots below for reference.

Free version: EDB5B0CA-2949-45C9-B26E-ECD5EDF5FA3E.jpeg

Paid version:

E886DF31-3EA7-479D-AA1B-E0867B578353.jpeg

Swipe across on the playlist image:

E900CB79-04F6-4CB7-B868-7E7D2B1BA5CE.jpeg

Kind regards,

Matt

Updated on 2018-12-27

Nice idea! Marked as a new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search :)

Comments
Jacob
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-12-27

Nice idea! Marked as a new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search :)

nllamb8186
Regular

Might this be a benefit of the paid version?

A lot of time convenience features are for paid subscriptions. Or another way of putting it is inconvenient tasks are meant to steer you towards paying to unlock these shortcuts...

All speculation, but I have noticed similar things from time to time in Spotify such as differences between mobile and desktop access to songs/playlists/etc.

AnotherWaytoD
Composer

Yes, 100% agree! As an independent playlist curator, I would greatly appreciate if all user could reach my profile ( and other playlists) easily.