[iOS][Playlists] Navigate from "now playing" to the playlist view, and auto-scroll to active track

The desktop app has a navigation feature where, if you click on the album art while a track is playing, it will navigate to the playlist that the track is playing from, and it will then attempt to auto-scroll within that playlist until the active track is in view, together with the tracks that appear before and after it in the playlist.

In the mobile app, you can tap on the "PLAYING FROM PLAYLIST" text above the album art for the active track, but it will only navigate to the top of that playlist. If the active track is #913 of a 2,374-track playlist, you have to scroll down forever to find the track within the playlist, which is pretty tricky because you don't know when you should slow your scrolling speed so you don't miss the active track.

I often want to do this because I add whole albums to my playlists, and I know that I added several albums around that same time, and I want to quickly get to a neighboring album, either before or after the current album.

My only available workaround for doing something similar with the app is limited, but sometimes useable. I can disable shuffle mode, then switch to the "Next From: <playlist>" view. From there I can sometimes get to albums that were added *after* the current track, up to however many songs can be displayed based on whatever the max queue size is. I can't navigate to any albums that were added before the active track using this method.

Updated on 2019-06-18

Marked as new idea.

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-06-18

Marked as new idea.