[iOS][Podcasts] Play next episode from same show in Episodes

I use Spotify as my main podcast player because every other app I've tried has functions that make it really difficult to use. I've really liked Spotify's interface for podcasts, but the recent update changed a thing that is one of the MAJOR reasons I use it over others.

Namely, on the "Episodes" tab, it shows you the most reason episodes you've listened to so you can jump back in quickly. This is great! Except that it then automatically goes to the next recent episode, even if it's an entirely unrelated podcast. There also doesn't seem to be a way to remove podcasts from that list which is inconvenient since I tend to skip the outros of most podcasts so a LOT of episodes are technically unfinished with ~2 minutes left.

While I appreciate being able to access my most recent episodes without having to scroll through the "Shows" tab (which is ordered by last update and can make it tedious to find shows that have infrequent updates), if I'm listening to a podcast, I generally want to listen to the next episode of that one, and not halfway through an episode of a totally different one.

At the very least, I'd like a choice because I'm sure there's some people who prefer it this way. I suggest having a setting in the options menu where you can choose whether to continue playing next episode of the same podcast or the next unfinished episode,

Updated on 2019-07-17

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here.

Thanks! Stay awesome :)

Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-07-17

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here.

Thanks! Stay awesome :)