[iOS] Quick Scrollbar

PLEASE CONSIDER AN UPDATE FOR IPHONES WHERE WE HAVE A SCROLL BAR. IT IS INCREDIBLY ANNOYING TO HAVE TO SCROLL THROUGH A VERY LONG PLAYLIST WITHOUT IT. ANDROIDS HAVE IT, PLEASE DO IT FOR IPHONES! 

Updated on 2018-07-15

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Indieda

I too, have about 2000 songs in my playlist and it's incredibly annoying to have to scroll manually... Apple music UI has it by alphabetical order, Android Spotify has the scroll bar, iOS apps don't have any...

unkwn

I'm not sure when this changed, but as of not too long ago this has been working. One thing I/you may not have caught is go into your song list, scroll to the top and order by alphabetical. The quick letter scroll bar will appear. This functionality isn't in individual playlists though.

This works in Songs, Albums, and Artists.

Jrhager84

Super annoying and really does make navigating long Playlists nearly impossible.

Please fix!

AxelFoley

Thank you for this! I've just got an e-mail from the Spotify office (they replied in under a day), saying I had to post the idea on the ideaboard and get 100 votes.

Luckily, there are more people in this world who share my concern. Have we got an update on the status of this idea?

cameroncoleman

Any update on this, how hasn't this happened. 

stonekirby
Regular

I've got no clue why this isn't implemented already.

Spotify seems to keep updating the UI with superfluous things like bigger/smaller controls or changing the position/place of certain buttons. 

Stop doing those uninteresting things like A/B testing your UI and start implementing that scrollbar.

As an iOS developer myself I know this isn't rocket science, you can easily implement this with such a large scale team.

It's 2019 and this suggestion/annoyance has a history dating back to 2016. There's no excuse.

_e4tlmas8-42j

This make me want to cry. I just moved over from android to an iPhone. I have to tap like a mad man for 1 minute to play a recently added song. Every.single.freeking.time. Sort**bleep** out Spotify If this isn’t fixed in the next few months I’m moving to Apple Music.

This is a joke...

AxelFoley

There's a small solution inside the application to our problems.

If you scroll up inside the playlist, you see a search bar.
Right next to the search bar there's three horizontal lines.

If you press this button, you can either sort by:
-Recently added

-Artist

-Title

-Custom (=standard)

docnreddy
Casual Listener

Yes please, scrolling through a 700 song Playlist is a task otherwise.