[iOS] Recently Played unavailable without network connectivity

First time I posted this idea, it was closed "because theres too many ideas and no resolution offered"

Second time I posted this, it was closed as a duplicate, with a link to another post.  This another post was a completely different problem.

If you close my ticket for a bad reason for a third time, I am cancelling my Spotify subscription, this is ridiculous.  Previous thread https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/iOS-Browse-Recently-Played-unavailable-without-net... You can see that the "duplicate issue" is about cached songs, and has nothing to do with "Recently Played" not being available when offline.

Problem

I cannot access "Recently played" with no data connectivity.  In iOS, "Home" tab is not available without network connectivity.  This tab has the "Recently played" section of the app.

Reproduction

Open "Spotify" with no data connectivity, click the "Home tab" (bottom left icon).  Spotify says "No network connectivity" and you cannot access any Home tab content

Solution

Move "Recently Played" back to the library or make the home screen work with no network connectivity.

Detailed information

One of the main reasons that I am a Premium subscriber is to listen to music on planes, as I travel a lot for work.

"Recently Played" to be viewable without network connectivity

The section that I used the most in Spotify was "Recently Played", as I usually shuffle through a few albums and playlists.

In the new version of Spotify, the "Recently Played" section was moved from a vertical list, to a horizontal list in the Home Screen (this is bad, I want to see a vertical list, but not the end of the world).  Now, I am in the plane, with no network connectivity - I cannot access the "Home" screen as I have the message "No internet connection.  Go online and try again."  This is easily reproducable by enabling airplane mode on an iPhone.

Trust me, I rarely offer feedback, but this is infurating - you've added friction in my user experience.

Similar complaint:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Mobile-Your-Music-Bring-back-Recently-Played-to-Your-L...

Updated on 2019-07-26

Hey there and thanks for continuing to bring your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-07-26

Hey there and thanks for continuing to bring your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.