[iOS][Search] Allow the "Filter" search to understand special characters in a song title

While searching for music by typing it in the "Filter" bar (either on a playlist or in songs) one would assume the search algorithim would still show any song/artist/album with special characters in it without the user actualy typing them in for more convenience. This is not the case.

For example, if I want to listen to an artist that has a special character in their name, I'll have to type the special character(s) to pull them up. In the screenshots below I used N.E.R.D for demonstration. It's more convenient for me to just type "nerd" and have that pull up.nerd.jpeg

Also, any word with an apostrophe in it will not pull up regardless if you include it or not. I tried searching "It Won't Stop" and was unsucessfull until I just tried the name of the artist. 

it wont stop.jpeg

The main search does NOT have the issues I listed above, but I have over two-thousand songs on a playlist and more than that in my library that I'd like to navigate easier, if possible. 

Updated on 2019-08-29

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-08-29

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.